Wednesday, June 20, 2012

And Now For Something Completely Different

Hello!

I'm going to steer us away from decorating for a moment to touch upon, once again, appearance. While researching period appropriate facial hair for the picnic I stumbled upon the handsome man below who happens to bear an incredible resemblance to my husband (although my husband is not a redhead nor does he sport arm tattoos).

Handsome man from the internets

I got to thinking about embellishing one's outfit with a festive facial and hair style. I've always been jealous of my husbands ability to grow facial hair since I myself am of Asian/Pacific Islander decent and can't grow a beard to save my life. I only managed to grow a goatee after 12 years of trying since the age of 21. Since Thom is wanting to wear some period sportswear to the event, I thought the above bear with pointed mustache would be a grand style to wear.

How does he keep it clean?

Since I myself was flip flopping between a safari look or a sportswear look myself, I found the above photo of a grand beard befitting a safari hunter in the bush. It reminds me wile man living in khakis drinking shots of scotch while carrying a blunderbuss. I'd never be able to grow such a grand statement to my lament.

This man is my idol

And finally the gentleman above to has the most fantastical facial hair I've seen. Just the sheer amount of care he must have just to sleep at night astounds me. He is my idol.

-HWC

No comments:

Post a Comment