Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Obsessed! - Picnic Sets

Hello!

Whilst doing research and gathering inspiration for the event, I discovered these delightful little gems called Picnic Sets. An all-in-one mobile kitchen/dining room on the go. Below are a few of my favorites.
Rolls Royce Picnic Set, 1905

The above little gem is from 1905 and was manufactured by the Rolls Royce Company. It was a set bespoke to your Rolls Royce Automobile. I suppose if you drive a Rolls Royce and must go picnic-ing, bespoke is the only way to go. Leather, fine china and silver adorn this beautiful trunk.

Antique Travel Tea Set, 1900's

Now above is the cutest little travel tea set you did see. Silver plate with a tiny burner to heat up your water.

Goyard Picnic Set, 2010

Suffice it to say, picnic sets are still produced today. Some costing more than others, but the more than others are the ones I lust after. Above is the Goyard picnic set.

Rolls Royce Picnic Set, 2011

And finally, Rolls Royce's modern day picnic set. Complete with lacquered fold out wing tables, crystal drinkware, and leather appointments.

When I find my own picnic set in my garage sale travels I'll be sure to let you know.

HWC

P.S.

I saw the below chest today at our local TJ Maxx, I wanna turn it into a picnic set.

 HWC

1 comment:

  1. I am also obsessed with picnic sets hope to own one someday. I almost purchased a little travel tea set in august at the antiques fair i only didnt because i have soooo much stuff already.

    ReplyDelete