Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's Hattie Time!

The vintage millinery flowers & berries for my hattie arrived in the post today!  I was over the moon that they were even more exquisite in person than they were online & am super stoked to finally start working on my hat!


The flowers came carefully wrapped in jade green tissue paper.  I took this as a sign that I was designing in the right direction, as jade green is going to be the color of my day dress.  Apparently my cat, Boudicca, also approved of the tissue paper...


I selected bright orange as my accent color, because it would be vibrant against the green and I already had some vintage-inspired shoes that I scored the last time I was NYC.


Originally I had planned to just use the orange flower & berries, but I'm enjoying the contrast between the yellow daisies and the rest of the lot... 




Excited to see what makes the final cut!

xo
- K B-D


1 comment: